Friday, September 23, 2011

Wedding Adventures

I thought it was high time I posted about my friend Laurie's wedding.
Wanting to make a special gift, I decided upon a quilt for her and Ryan.
Laurie and Ryan love to roadtrip, and trawling through blogland, I found a Cluck Cluck Sew Quilt called 'The Roadtrip Quilt'. Perfect. I chose some of the blues and greens from Denyse Schmidt's Picnics and Fairgrounds range.



My friend Paula helped me to finish off the quilt by screenprinting a label for it. Now to have some more labels designed for all of my quilts!


The wedding was a destination wedding, so I packed up my quilt and headed off to Dubbo.
I had a lovely weekend meeting Laurie and Ryan's families and friends and enjoying a bit of a holiday. The wedding took place at the Dubbo Zoo, where we got to see the animals and enjoy some fresh air and sunshine.

The bride showed up on a golf cart after feeding the
giraffes in her peacock print gumboots!

I made lots of new friends (and made sure we knew where
the toilets were!!)
Emily
Mel


the ceremony in the African Picnic Ground (bride in dress #1)


I found Mr Shuffles relatives!

The happy couple and me!

Sally and Lyn

and the 'Roadtrip' wedding cake

And not to forget the recovery BBQ the next day

Such a fun weekend. Congrats Laurie and Ryan xx

1 comment:

  1. Love the quilt~ do you know how much fabric you used for this size?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete